Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Old 07-27-2006, 02:48 AM

Wink Stay at home mom!

I'm a stay at home mom, with six kids, daycare is very expensive. I occasionally watch my sister in laws kids. She has three. I would love to work from home, but have not found anything. Every work at home thing I have seen requires money to get started, and I have heard that those are usually scams. If anyone knows of any that are not scams, I would love to hear about them.
Kristie
Old 07-27-2006, 08:33 AM

Default Hey :)

I'm a SAHM too I have 1 at all times, 21 month old...dh has 1 by a previous marriage that we see on visitation, she's 5. I love being a SAHM
Old 07-27-2006, 02:53 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to mamawolfe

I am a SAHM that has two business that I run out of my home. Neither cost much to get started either. I sell Avon which was only $10 to starte and I sell Watkins ehick cost about $70 to start but it is well worth it the kit includes many products, samples and catalogs. If you are interested in either one let me know and I will send you info.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:00 PM

Default SAHM/Intro

Hello Everyone! I just registered to the message boards and wanted to send out a quick intro for myself and my family. I am also a stay at home mom of three. I have 2 boys ages 8 1/2 and 3 and a girl in the middle she is 5. We are from west central IL, I have been married to my best friend for 6 years this year. My family is very active in Church as well as we both teach Sunday School to a group of about 15-20 third and fourth graders. I also have recently started going back to school and will be studying nursing, I am doing all my classes and correspondence online so it is wonderful that I can still be home with my children and still be able to further my own education as well.

I look forward to getting to know as many of you as possible,
Meredith
Old 07-27-2006, 03:59 PM

Hey Kristie,

I'm a work-at-home mom. While there are certainly plenty of scams out there to avoid, these days there are also a lot of legitimate opportunities. In fact, there are SO many opportunities these days that many people have trouble deciding which company to select. A good first step to help you narrow it down is to make a list of topics that interest you. For example... do you like to decorate? Love jewelry? Like to cook? The options are endless. Keep looking, and sooner or later you'll find what you've been looking for. As they say, "If you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life!"

Blessings,
Christy

Last edited by JoyfulHomeAndFamily; 08-13-2006 at 12:26 AM.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:39 PM

Smile Welcome Everyone!

Christy,

Wow - thrilled to see that VeggieTales is starting a home based opportunity -my kids have all loved them - even hubby and I enjoy watching the VeggieTales videos! (My hubby's name is Larry, lol - I call him Lars though)

Manno,

Welcome! Sounds like you are VERY busy. Best of luck with your studies - what would we do without nurses?!

Mamawolfe,

Great opportunities and very reasonable start-up costs. Welcome to the boards.

Anna M Glenn,

Welcome to you too! Sounds like you have quite a busy household with little ones all around. Mine are getting older now - my house gets very quiet at times, which is really weird after all the years of loudness - we still have our moments but they are much further apart than they used to be.

Kristie,

6 children! You do work - full time!

If you are looking at direct sales companies, then a fee to get started is reasonable and not a scam. In exchange for the fee, you are usually receiving your paperwork to get started PLUS most times you receive a lot of products (A Kit) that costs more than what you are paying to get started. Scams would be a situation where they tell you to send money to get information on a business or to be added to a datebase where you may get called to do work. Then you shouldn't pay, but if you are looking at one of the many direct sales or network marketing businesses - it's reasonable and accepted that you pay something to get involved. Best advice - be sure that you get yourself booked up right away so that you immediately make money to cover the cost of the kit and start getting a paycheck. Good luck finding something you enjoy - there are so many wonderful options out there nowadays!

My Best,
Old 07-27-2006, 09:01 PM

Default VeggieTales Moms

Quote:
Originally Posted by deekvee

Christy,

Wow - thrilled to see that VeggieTales is starting a home based opportunity -my kids have all loved them - even hubby and I enjoy watching the VeggieTales videos! (My hubby's name is Larry, lol - I call him Lars though)
Isn't it cool? I'm so excited!

Blessings,
Christy

Last edited by JoyfulHomeAndFamily; 08-13-2006 at 12:26 AM.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:41 AM

Default Another SAHM here

I have been a sahm since my 2nd daughter was born in 1997, and I absolutely love it. I am with my kids every day and 24 hours a day and love every minute I have with them. My hubby is a truck driver, so he's home 1 day a week. The kids talk to him every day usually, unless something unforeseen happens. I have a business that I am trying to get off the ground, but it's hard because I don't talk to too many people, and I'm not a person to push. If anyone is interested as I am definitely looking to bring people on board, check out my website, and you can contact me thru there or email me at huggsx5@sbcglobal.net and I would be happy to talk with you!

http://www.huggins.myffi.biz/en/sect...?carPos=hummer
Old 07-30-2006, 11:37 AM

Talking Stay at home mum

I'm a stay at home mom. I have 2 kids that are growing up and since my mother-in-law is sick and stays with us, I don't think that I'll be able to go back to work. but that is OK since I like being home and taking care of the family. It gives me the freedom to be there if someone gets sick!
Old 07-30-2006, 04:31 PM

I'm a stay at home mom and I enjoy spending every day with my son. I feel that it's important for him.