Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Old 11-20-2006, 11:00 AM

Default Holiday Traditions....

Mine is getting together with my Mom's side of the family the second Sunday in December. We get together to celebrate Christmas. We bring potluck to share for lunch, and a wrapped present from each member of the family for their age group. We then draw a present from the appropriate age group box, exchange pictures, share a wonderful lunch, and lots of love!
Old 11-20-2006, 11:27 AM

Our family tradition is: I have 4 children and 3 grandbabies....Our family goes to the Christmas Eve service at our church, we come back to my house or one of my kids, and we have cookies and open a few gifts, read the Night before Christmas and the story about the birth of Jesus in the Bible. We all love this especially my grandchildren.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:10 PM

Default Fun Filled Christmas

I get my kids every other Christmas and this is one of the years that I get them. This year we are making everything for the tree. We are making salt dough ornaments and painting them ourselves and I have been taking the kids to the home supply store that has kid crafts once a month so they can make their Chrstimas pesents for everyone. I am trying to teach them it is about fun and family not about how much money you can spend. My kids are both boys 7 and 8 and I think this will be a new Christmas tradition. Out with all the store bought ornaments and in with homemade story filled ornaments!
Old 11-20-2006, 01:07 PM

we have a tradition of putting wile e cyote in the braches of the christmas tree. we try and hide him a little bit. My grandfather started this tradition about 35 years ago. he is not with us anymore but wile e coyote gives us great and happy memories.
thanks
Old 11-20-2006, 03:55 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to jenewren
Default holiday traditions

In our family we had one tradition that really stands out in my mind.each christmas Eve we would get to open one gift and every year it was always the gift from my grandparents,it took us years to catch on that we got to open these gifts because they were always pj's and mom and dad wanted us to look good in our pictures..after a few years we just started asking them if we could open up our pj's instead of for a present...we do the same now for our own kids

jennie
Old 11-20-2006, 04:36 PM

Smile Family traditions

My family and I get together and make homade dog bones for our local animal shelter. They have a christmas bazaar each year to raise money for the care these homeless dogs and cats need. Its great fun and the shelter really appreciates it.
We save a few for our furry friends too.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:51 PM

Default Our holiday tradition

My family tradition that I do with my children was passed down from my parents. I know for a fact that they will continue the tradition and pass it to their children.

On Christmas Eve it is our tradition to open one gift. This is not any gift as my children already know what it is. Every year on Christmas eve they get new pajamas to wear to bed. When they were little I tried to get them all matching but as they got older it got harder to find matching pj's for adult sized children. As they got older the pj gift did not capture their intrest enough to have them gather around to open when they had "much better things to be doing" the night before Christmas so I tweeked the tradition and thru in a small wrapped gift - usually a CD - which kept an intrest in tradition.

Now my daughter has children and the tradition continues.

Seems this is a wide tradition
Old 11-20-2006, 09:06 PM

Lightbulb Family Tradition

I think that my favorite holiday tradition is something I started when my oldest was just a baby. I collect stuffed animals from claw machines all year round. Then right before or on Christmas, my children and I will go to the cancer and children's ward of the hospital. We will go around and talk to the different people and give them the stuffed animals trying to bring a little light into their lives. The next day we will go to a local nursing home and spend the day there visiting with all of the elders. They really get a kick out of watching and talking with the children. I try to teach my children to always remember the stories that the older folks have to tell.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:24 PM
almylove

Lightbulb Our Christmas traditions

Our Christmas traditions start with decorations, we have decorations that have be passed down from generation to generation. While decorating we share memories and stories,while adding new decorations and memories. Lisening to music,watching movies and Christmas shows.

On Christmas Eve we bake goodies,and make gift baskets with the baked goodies. Than we ride to our local fire station to visit and take a gift basket to the fire station members working on Christmas Eve. We take in all the lights and decorations around our town,while listening to Christmas music on the radio. Later we sit and enjoy the lights on our tree,while listening and singing Christmas carols.

No mater what is going on in our lives the feeling at Christmas time just melts everything away,except love.
http://www.geocities.com/myhome32505
Old 11-21-2006, 07:03 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jhankerson10
Default Family Traditions

My family traditions depend on where we are. Currently with my husband being in the Marine Corps, we have had to tweak them a little. If I was back home, I would be at my mom's house helping her with the meals and doing the decorating for her (she prefers that I do it, because she says that she isn't as creative as I am... I say that is her way of getting me to do everything ) Today, I am going to go volunteer at one of the food and Holiday giveaways that they have here on base. That has become a tradition while we have been in the military. But, as far as at home, my kids help with whatever preparations for the meals that they can, we have a bunch of the singel Marines, and sometimes the single Navy docs over for dinner. A few days after Thanksgiving, we put all the Christmas decorations up. We go all out! We also, make a ton of ornaments for family members. This year, my Aunt recently moved and left her husband, so she is starting over. We made all of the ornaments for her tree, since she is having to start over. I just made 4 dozen bead angel ornaments, in a day and a half (because angels are her favorite). The kids really like the craft part, and are learning more and more kinds of crafts every year. This was the first year that the baby got to get in on the creativity! We usually open one present on Christmas eve and that is when we exchange the gifts with our friends as well. New Year's eve is a big deal too. Since we are currently living in California, and the weather permits, we BBQ on New Year's Eve, I always do up a bunch of appetizers for the evening, and we have a bunch of friends over. That's about all I can think of at this time. I am sure that there are others that I am overlooking. There is a lot going on in our house at the holidays.