Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Go Back   KidPrintable Boards > Chit Chat > Question of the Week

Old 11-13-2006, 08:32 PM

Default Step in

My darlings are 18, 15, 2 and 6 months. I have to step in because of the various age ranges. I remind the 18 year old that the two year old is only two! I try to give them each other's perspectives. Granted it doesn't always work out in the short term, but I'm hoping some of the lessons they learn now will surface for them later in life.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin
As we know, most siblings bicker, fight and just plain like to bug each other. What do you do when your kids are not getting along, arguing or being mean to each other? Do you step in or let them work it out themselves?
I dont like stepping in because my oldest always feels i am siding with his little brother. But 37 my age, plus 7 sons age does equal a 12 yr old boy who says he never does anything on purpose.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:06 PM

thanks for posting your comment because i am a single mom and was an only child. I just dont get the bickering and teasing of eachother all the time. but i see that its happining all over the world and i am not the only one freaking out. Your right if you let them work it out that never lasts more then a second because they do get louder and louder.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to AWill1999 Send a message via Yahoo to AWill1999
Post Siblings Fighting

Well I am a mother of 6 and they range in age from 18 years to 11 years and when they argue I just take the ones that are arguing and make them sit and face each other and them each other what they like and what they don't like about each other and their ideas for solving this problem that they have between them. 9 out of 10 times this works and you know that it is hard to find things that teenagers can come to terms with.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:43 AM

i try and let them work it out kids have to learn how to use there words these days and not there fists or other things if they start hurting each other then i step in and remind them that they are brothers and that in this house we dont fight with each other we love each other.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:40 PM

Default step in too

i am a stay at home mom of 2 small children. my 6 yr old son loves to build things and my 2 yr old dd loves to knock them down. my son will get angry and upset at his sister and i try to step in and help him understand their conflict. i explain to him that her job is to knock down his building so that he can show her how to rebuild it again. this is just one of the many examples that we have on sibling age differences! i try not to choose sides but help him understand that she needs to learn how to behave and he is her best example.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:21 PM

Default Not a problem.........

My daughter is an only child. Therefore, sibling bickering is not usually a problem!