Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Go Back   KidPrintable Boards > Chit Chat > Question of the Week

Old 11-12-2006, 08:45 PM

My kids are l0 years apart, but that doesn't stop them from fighting with ecah other. I usually step in if it gets out of hand, but that doesn't happen often. Usually they work it out themslves. This year has been especially hard for us all, and it has brought them closer together.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:59 PM

With 5 kids you teach them by letting them work it out, unless it gets physical or tears become an issue then I intervine and if need be punishments are dooled out.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:21 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to greenjenroses
Default remembering...

i hurry up and remind them, that God placed them both on earth to love each other and they are all they have. It shuts them up almost every time.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:51 AM
abbeyrose1980

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin
As we know, most siblings bicker, fight and just plain like to bug each other. What do you do when your kids are not getting along, arguing or being mean to each other? Do you step in or let them work it out themselves?
My boys do fight but mostly beacuse my youngest (age 3) can drive my oldest(age 6) up the wall he will bugg him till he plays with him.They play very well but when my oldest gets tired and just needs time for himself the little one wont let him be. So when its time to Yes, I will step in but only when its nessecary
Old 11-13-2006, 08:37 AM

my children are 8, 9, and 11 (2 boys and 1 girl). I usually let them battle the problem out and I just listen in. If it starts to get to bad then I step in and help them resolve the problem.

Maggie Stadler
Old 11-13-2006, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin
As we know, most siblings bicker, fight and just plain like to bug each other. What do you do when your kids are not getting along, arguing or being mean to each other? Do you step in or let them work it out themselves?
My children are 7 and 3 and I have to step in. Otherwise they will get worse and worse, louder and louder!
I usually find something for both of them to do away from each other for awhile and then have them come together to do a puzzle or something. They usually forget what was going on by the time they get together again.
It's seemed to work so far. Although the hardest part is tearing them up.

Kym
Old 11-13-2006, 11:05 AM

Smile Step In

I have 5 children, they are 15, 14, 11, 9, and 5. I have to step in because sometimes its 3 on 1 or 4 on 1. It can start out as arguing over who sits in the front when we go out or just who sits next to who on the couch. Then it escalates to pushing, hiting, screaming or shouting. But now that my two older girls are starting to help me with the younger siblings its a more controlable situation (sometimes). Oh did i mention i have 4 girls and 1 boy, yea hes stuck with nothing but women.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:04 PM

I would first let them try to handle things . If not I would go in. My girls are almost 15 and almost 9.

Janey
Old 11-13-2006, 04:00 PM

Wink Quarrel Query

I am a mother of two very "opinionated" little darlings. My daughter is 11 and my son is 8. Now, only recently have these two started bickering and arguing almost on a daily basis and to be honest I sometimes can sympathize with one or the other because like myself and my younger brother growing up, my children are unfortunately stuck living in an apartment and sharing the same bedroom to boot. So after many trying situations I finally decided that the only way to get them to appreciate one another again would be to everytime an arguement breaks out, I call them into livingroom and I make them sit down and write in their own journals I got for them and first explain what it was exactly that started the arguement. Then I make them continue on a seperate page to write out a time when the other one made them feel good or happy, a time they had together that made them laugh. After I finish reading these little special memories back to one another, they more so than not forget about their differences and start reminiscing more about those moments. They even go as far to pull out the photo albums and start looking at the pictures of other memorable moments they enjoyed growing up. That's when I once again, reach for the camera.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:26 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to jhankerson10
Default Sibling Rivalry

I have 3 children... An 11 yr old daughter, a 10 yr old son, and a 2 1/2 yr old daughter. They are constantly fighting, especially my 10 and 11 year olds. Letting them sort it out just doesn't work for my kids. I have to separate them. Time outs don't work for them either. It is kind of a reward. I take things away that they hold dear. They have to earn them back. I have also found that extra chores tend to keep them in line most of the time. They don't want to get along and waste time fighting over nothing, I waste their time cleaning. I have also found out, that since they are a boy and a girl, me saying that they bicker and argue like a married couple usually shuts them up pretty quick as well.

Last edited by jhankerson10; 11-13-2006 at 08:31 PM.