Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Old 07-27-2006, 09:54 PM

my kids go to public school but if I could afford to I would send them to private school
Old 07-28-2006, 08:24 AM

Default Funding for Private Schools

Do any of you go to churches that support your private school fund? My son will be going into 1st grade this year at a public school b/c of the money situation on hand.
We have already started contributing to our "fund" at the church and depending on the demand for private schooling we can get half or all of the tuition paid for.
Talk to your local church about it. If you get enough people interested there will be more than enough funds. Some families pay for their children to attend private schools and also contribute to the "fund" to help others b/c they know how important a private school education is. They then do not put themselves on the list of Needed Funds for School.
It is wonderful!
The Charter Academies are also a great way to go if you want smaller class sizes and a great education for your student.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:49 AM

Our church has a school (K-8) and our daughter will be attending K-5 there. The tuition is really good, just above $100, it's so worth it. The class sizes are small. The school is not huge but it is large enough to have 2 classes for each grade. I'm excited but not as much as my daughter!
Old 07-28-2006, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madameblueberry
Talk to your local church about it. If you get enough people interested there will be more than enough funds. Some families pay for their children to attend private schools and also contribute to the "fund" to help others b/c they know how important a private school education is. They then do not put themselves on the list of Needed Funds for School.
What a great idea! I'll have to see if I can get my church interested in something like that.

Blessings,
Christy

Last edited by JoyfulHomeAndFamily; 08-13-2006 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:26 PM

I live in scotland and here we have a pretty good school system, my 5 year old daughter has just finished her 1st full year and we are delight with the results, even if we could afford private I would still with puplic school until high school stage of her education just to see if it was worth it.
no matter were we send our children if they don't want to learn they won't
Old 07-28-2006, 06:46 PM

I really wanted to send my daughter to private school but we couldn't afford it. Turns out they rezoned our neighborhood and the school she now goes to is really good. She loves it and they really do a lot of really cool stuff to make learning fun and I think she is getting a good education. Here in Texas they worry a lot about the standardized testing and that kinda bothers me a bit but hopefully if I see an area that I feel she is lacking in I can make sure that it gets covered.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:53 AM

Default We've done both

My oldest son went to public school for K-1st grades. He loved school, but some of the kids bullied him so much that he came home from school one day looking through his play clothes trying to find some with holes or stains. He said he may as well wear those because the bullies were going to push him down again at recess and he was afraid of tearing up his good clothes. I talked to his teacher numerous times and she said he seemed to be having a good time at recess and she didn't think there was a problem. When he entered 2nd grade, my daughter started Kindergarten. We moved them to a private school for the next 2 years. Everyone loved it! The teachers were great, the kids were great, the whole experience was a blessing. The only downside was the 2 hours I spent in the car each day so I could be a SAHM to our now 3 year old. They started the school year for 4th and 2nd grades last year. When the gas prices went up, we had to rethink our situation. We decided to homeschool. Now I feel like we have found where we belong and I don't think we'll be changing schools again.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:46 AM

I think I would prefer a public school only because they are more diverse in their student body. The problem is a lot of school districts are not the best, so my solution is to make sure you are involved in your child's education and to stay on top of their teachers.

Currently, my children go to one of the National Heritage academies in our area. They have really good schools and small student teacher ration. The only problem is they only go up to 8th grade. Most likely, when they hit high school years, they will be going to one of the better small schools in our area instead of regular high school.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:32 AM

I would continue to homeschool even if I could actually afford private schools. There are some positives to private vs. public but a lot of the same issues as well. Though in some states as it is here, homeschools are considered private schools.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:05 PM

This is a good point... regardless of whether the school is public or private, there are humans involved. Each school is different and I think it's important to thoroughly investigate whatever school you plan to send your children to. For instance, some of the other moms in my church had problems with a local private school where they placed their children. That school actually has a policy that forbids the teachers from speaking directly to the parents. Instead, all communication between parents and teachers must go through the school administration. Makes you wonder, doesn't it? Maybe I should post this in the "Things that make you go Hmmmm" section!

Blessings,
Christy

Last edited by JoyfulHomeAndFamily; 08-13-2006 at 12:20 AM.