Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Go Back   KidPrintable Boards > Chit Chat > Question of the Week

Old 11-23-2008, 03:07 PM

Default Times are tough

I lost my job in Feb cant find anything in my profession and pick up a little cash here & there doing errands for family members but we do not do any entertainment whatsoever. I shop every 2 weeks for groceries instead of once a week, hunt for sales, use alot of coupons and this xmas will be very very tight. I walk more than I drive even my 11 yr old walks to and from school now. I have to make his lunch instead of buying it which he liked doing. I prob can go on and on but these are the things we as a family had to do do to this horrible economic time.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:50 PM

well, we lost our house and are now renting. using coupons more. and buying waaaayyyy less. dont know what we will do for xmas. But I am Thanking God for our health my husbands job and good friends and family.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:19 PM

Default Econmic situation

Our family (as are many others) is effected in many ways. We just do the best we can on cutting back on just about everything. And praying that this econmic situation will soon see brighter days.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:19 AM

Unhappy Christmas what Christmas the GRINCH arrived

I am unable to work due to a car wreck 6 yrs ago and I am raising two special needs children with only a Social Security check each month....with everything going up and the landlords are even having problems fixing anything that needs repaired and being on section 8 that helps a little but with no food stamps and the kids being on special diets....and having to move due to failing for unfixed repairs.....I won't have any money left for any kind of presents for anyone not even my kids.......
Old 11-24-2008, 12:27 PM

My husband lost his job when the parent company decided to close the furniture plant in our home town and move all operations to their plant in another state. It's hard to make ends meet with just a teacher's salary. We've cut back on EVERYTHING and still end up with more bills at the end of the month than money a lot of the time.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:57 PM

When money was tight to begin with, it's hard to be affected much. My husband is already working 3 part time jobs. We already are down to minimums on everything. I have always made things for Christmas so it's just taking a little more ingenuity this year.

Teresa
Old 11-24-2008, 06:57 PM

Default Our changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin
How is your family effected by the current econmic situation, if at all? What sorts of changes are you needing to make?

We have cut back on fast food...need to again anyway. Also don't go to grandma's as much (only 10 min. drive, but 2x a day adds up).
Old 11-25-2008, 03:23 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin
How is your family effected by the current econmic situation, if at all? What sorts of changes are you needing to make?
The economy has not affected my family much yet. Started the bodjet to control spending.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:28 AM

Our financial situation has been bad for a while now, so the current economic situation hasn't changed things that much for us. We have been going out to eat a lot less, and buying a few less wants (vs needs).
Old 11-25-2008, 10:48 AM

Default We have been affected by it

We have definitely been affected by the slump in the economy. Christmas will be scaled way back this year compared to years past. My husband has been out of work for a month due to an injury at work so that hasn't helped either. My daughter's birthday is in December as well, so that will be scaled back as well. We've not been eating out as much either. And suppers consist of soup and sandwiches or eating at the in-laws house.