Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Go Back   KidPrintable Boards > Chit Chat > Question of the Week

Old 11-22-2008, 01:29 AM

Exclamation Deb

We have cut down in small ways, but they add up. I concentrate all of my errands into far less trips now- even with the price of gas falling- it is a habit I hope to stay with! We have very little credit card debt, and I no longer feel like such a schmuck when I AGAIN tell a retailer, NO- I DO NOT want your credit card! We mostly pay as we go, and pay cc purchases off in full with every statement
I love to shop thrift, and vintage stores, so get alot of my work clothes from there- a HUGE savings if you are willing to put the time into looking for what you need.
The only thing I buy far less of, is craft supplies-but I now shop smarter...I hope!!
Old 11-22-2008, 02:34 AM

I have recently retired because of medical issues and really have to keep my eye out for sales and try to stock up. Also have been teaching my granddaughter the value of the dollar and to make her realize the value and the difference between wants and needs.
It is really making a difference in her thought process. It is a lesson that if it is started young enough I know it will last a lifetime.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:53 AM

thank God, we have not personally been that affected, however, i have lost money in my retirement fund...i know people who have been laid off, as well, lets hope this gets back on the right track
coolmomkg
Old 11-22-2008, 10:35 AM

We sold one of our cars and are very careful with our spending. When I make meals I make enough to freeze for a meal the next week.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:37 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin
How is your family effected by the current econmic situation, if at all? What sorts of changes are you needing to make?

I have always used coupons for my grocery shopping. Now with a group of friends I've started a coupon trading club. Whatever I don't use I pass on to others and they do the same. Also, I follow a strict dinner menu and shopping list. That reduces the impulse shopping when you are at the store.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to teezNtan
Smile Economic Crunch

We have cut back tremendously. We use the fireplace instead of turning on the heat. The children ride their bikes to school instead of being driven. I am using MORE (LOL) coupons, buying in bulk, and using more generic brands.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:33 AM

Default Question of the Week Nov 21-28

The bad economy has affected my family in a lot of ways. I lost my job, which makes it hard to pay rent and keep food on the table, not to mention all the extras that we need. My boyfriend works in the drywall business and that's been up and down all year. Sometimes he has work and other times he doesn't. We never know if we will have enough to pay rent. I have contacted many resources in the community to see if there's help. There is some but they are low on funds too.

I just try to keep my head up and try to remember that the bad economy is like a test on how resourceful you can be. Can I make the most of what I have to get through this? I think I do.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
How is your family effected by the current econmic situation, if at all? What sorts of changes are you needing to make?
I got laid off from work. We have to be careful of how we spend our money. When we go to the store to buy food we cant just get anything we want. We have to go to the closes store so we dont waste to much gas.

Last edited by heatherf36; 11-22-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
We have been effected slightly. We have cut down on our eating out, we buy in bulk now. Make meals that we can use the leftovers in different, fun ways so that everyone can help prepare the meals. The little ones really like to help and they seem to eat better when the do.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:48 AM

We have been effected....we cut back on trips and are trying to use our vehicles less. We are also trying to cut back on spending a lot of money for gifts this year by making gifts that are meaningful yet do not break the bank and we are trying to teach our children that money doesn't grow on trees and that Santa isn't made of money either.