Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Go Back   KidPrintable Boards > Chit Chat > Question of the Week

Old 11-21-2008, 09:20 PM

Christmas will be what I can afford at the dollar store, otherwise there would be no presents. I live on a fixed income as I am disabled so it's all I can do to keep a roof over my head as prices rise for the basics. However Christmas is not about presents and everyone needs to remember that and be grateful for what they do have..each other.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:55 PM

We have just been trying to cut back on some things. Plus, we have been using more coupons.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:20 PM

Wink Economic Changes

We have cut down on the trips we make and try to do all of our errands at the same time to save gas. Also we go to the grocery with coupons in hand and try to buy the generic products instead of name brands. We cut our thermostat down to 62 degrees in the house and dress warmer to save on the gas bill. I try to fix meals we can reheat instead of fixing a meal everyday.
And my husband also takes leftovers for lunch so he doesnt buy out,that helps us save. We usually dont use a light during the day unless it is needful,we open blinds and we use the skylight in the kitchen for lights. I have been going through some things and what I can sell I put on craigslist to make some extra cash. We also use energy saving light bulbs. I reuse plastic bags if possible. That is about all I can think of that we have been doing to try and save on certain things. The economy has gotten so bad we dont plan anything to do on vacation except stay home and catch up on things that need to be done to improve our house. And also doing that spring cleaning a little sooner. And I also have found websites to get free items,that helps a little. And for birthdays and special occassions,we make our own cards and they mean more it seems. We are trying to do whatever we can to save with the way things are. Christmas for us is just the family getting together and having dinner,no presents at all. Its just to hard on everyone this year. But I feel blessed because I still have my family to be with.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:09 PM

A little over a year ago, we decided to get out of debt and have an emergency fund. I am so thankful we made that decision! We are now out of debt, and almost have "enough" in the bank. We have been pinching, saving, and selling everything we can to do this. I've also been really "heavy" into coupons, sales, and rebates.
So, in short, because we took steps before the crisis hit, we have been okay thus far.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:29 PM

I really notice the high gasoline prices since my husband has been in the hospital for the past month and I've been driving 50 miles each way to the hospital each day. Thank goodness we have good health insurance.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:05 AM

My family is hurting a little bit by the economy. I had to go to work after pretty much staying at home for 6 years to raise twins. Now that I'm back to work, I think it's more difficult with school functions and everything that costs so much nowadays. We have cut back and only buy what we need and rarely eat out.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:17 AM

Default Answer to question of the week

We have seen 40% of the people my husband works with get laid off it makes you feel like your next. Weve already been through two factory closings because of outsourcing of jobs. I think we need to have politicians that will work for the people and not themselves.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:35 AM

Default Question of the week

I am a single mom and the economy has affected us pretty much let alone the high prices of gas, we have had to cut back alot, and for christmas I am only buying for the little ones in the family. We do not go out to eat anymore, and I have been trying to find places to take my son that are free, thank goodness he loves the library...

Last edited by speedracer24; 11-22-2008 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:36 AM

This has been a tough year for all of us I think, in one way or another. We have been lucky in the fact that we both have a pretty secure job. But the price of gas this year put a damper on trips and any extras, (its nice to see the price go down) Other than that, we have tried to cut back on extras.. dinners and are using more coupons, shorter showers and using cold water to wash clothes are a few. Not buying for ourselves, just the kids, and with kids that can be hard with sports and school supplies. But you have to keep positive and be thankful for what we do have, no matter how tough.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:43 AM

Default Question -How my family was affected?

lost my job,as soon as we got custody of our grandbaby.My son lost his job,my husband is self employed so work has slowed down considerably.My youngest son who just turned 18 has down syndrome an is now considered an adult so his SSI checks have stopped til i can prove he cannot take care of himself on his own.My house of nine years went into forclosure OCT.29.so other than that im trying to stay positive around the grandbaby.Ive turned it over to god.AMEN