Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Go Back   KidPrintable Boards > Chit Chat > Question of the Week

Old 11-21-2008, 06:24 PM

Red face

The economy has effected us in so many ways. We really can't afford toys for the kids anymore so we just turn to websites like this to entertain them.
We are getting them plenty to make up for the loss at Christmas though.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:27 PM

Default Answer to question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin
How is your family effected by the current econmic situation, if at all? What sorts of changes are you needing to make?
We will not be able to give to many charities this year. Will have to cut back on eating out.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:50 PM

Wink All we can do is pray!

I am a single Mom and with my kids getting older, it seems to be getting more expensive as time passes. They always need money for school. Food is so much more expensive and to think, we buy mostly store brand items and it seems like that is even going up. We definately aren't able to go eat out as often, but of course that's not a necessity, more like a treat for the kids. We used to try to go to the movies every couple of months, but not so much anymore. We are making it, but have to sacrifice on the "fun stuff". We stay home waaaaaay more than we used to. I can't seem to ever get caught up on bills. I pay them, but they are always late. But, it's like I tell my kids all the time, at least we have a roof over our heads and a comfy bed to sleep in every night and food every day. There are others much worse off. I guess you have to look at it that way instead of complaining about it. So, to answer the question, yes I am worried about the economy and can only pray it gets better. (At least gas prices are going down...THANK GOD FOR THAT!)
Old 11-21-2008, 06:53 PM

Smile One More Thing....

I didn't realize how handy coupons have turned out to be. I am now known as The Coupon Queen! They really do help! It may not be much, but it sure adds up.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:27 PM

It has been really hard to balance the budget lately. I only have one son at home he is 18 and looking for a job and also starting college classes. We have been trying to not go out and eat as much as we used to. Hopefully things will get better in 2009.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:27 PM

We have been affected mostly because of the housing market. We went on the market early in the crisis and are still sitting on the market unable to move on. Now we are about to take a major loss on our house. We are HOPING to move soon! We are also being careful with our grocery and gas! Entertainment has become more home centered. No vacations- those are WAY out of the question!
Old 11-21-2008, 07:47 PM

Default How are we affected by the economy?

My family is very affected by the economy. For starters, I work in the non-profit sector and the first thing people cut in a bad ecomony is, unfortunately, charity. I am very worried about losing my job - 3 positions at my office have been cut so far, and it is very uncertain for the rest of us. That being said, I have cut down on everything from food shopping, to clothes shopping - I now go to second-hand stores for clothes and I cut down our cable to basic cable. I really think twice now before I buy anything. It might not seem like a lot, but for my family it is a lot.

Everyone has to be very careful about spending right now. And it really isn't so bad - I actually like having to think more about it now.

I even have my kids involved in how to cut spending and save money. We all think very carefully and plan our meals more before going shopping and really try to stretch our money. We are making it fun for everyone. I really think it is a great learning tool for them. Even when and if the economy turns around, we will keep doing what we are doing now because it is teaching them the value of money!
Old 11-21-2008, 07:50 PM

We have been trying to cut back on our walmart trips and eat out. My husband works for an oil company so that kind of scares us. We just pray each day. Hope everything works out for everyone else.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:50 PM

We save every way possible. use coupons, look for sales, even shower faster. my son is only 2 so Christmas is not really a big deal to him, so he won't miss lots of toys.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:54 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to jenewren

we are getting by ok so far, my husband is a 39 year old collage student,and we do better in the winter then in the summer...gas is finally going down here in michigan so that helps