Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Old 08-03-2006, 10:53 AM

Default Great idea for first day of school

With school about to start I remembered what my sons kindergarten teacher did for him and thought it might be a great idea for some parents. On the first day of school my sons class read The Kissing Hand. I'm sorry I don't know who it is by. On the second day of school my son got up and said mommy you need to kiss my hand and I need to kiss yours. If you miss me during the day you can put your hand on your check and feel my kiss and know i miss you and I love you. That was his way too of saying the same for him. Now, when my son leaves to stay with his grandparents etc., we still use this. Hope it can help.
God Bless,
-Jenn
Old 08-10-2006, 01:49 AM

My daughters' kindergarten teacher did this too. They also had the parents go into the classroom the first day. One of our girls traced my hand and I traced hers. The other girl traced daddy's hand and he traced hers. Then all of our paper hands got cut out and little hearts glued in the middle plus our names were printed on them. The girls put our hands in a special place and we took their hands home. If they got to missing us or something, they could go to our hands and spend some time with them and it helped them make it through the day. It was great! Oh, we also all sat around the teacher while she read the story to us.