Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Go Back   KidPrintable Boards > Chit Chat > Hot Topics

Old 11-02-2007, 09:46 AM

Smile Role Models

I think I have to agree with everyone else so far, we as parents have the responsibility to be good role models. But there are also others who should be too, their teachers for one, Im lucky there we have great teachers. Anyone who can have a positive affect on a child is a role model. Also other children can be too, that is one of the things I teach my class of young karate kids, is to be good role models, show respect and responsibility, showing each other how to behave. Their world is full of good role models, we just need to make sure we tell them what isnt acceptable.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:44 AM

Lightbulb Role Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin
Who do you think, that you know of living in this day and age, is a good role model for your kids - and why?

You cannot seem to depend on anyone these days! Even people who begin as good role models wind up dropping the ball. The best role models we can give our kids is ourselves. I try every day, and in every way, to lead by example. Long gone are the days of 'Do as I say, not as I do'! My kids know how I will handle situations and solve problems because we discuss these things, AND they see me put words into action. No matter what you think, your kids are watching, and learning from, you!
Old 11-02-2007, 11:24 AM

Default Role Models

We have to be our children's roll models. We have real life experances to share. They may not listen to us now, but they do hear.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:43 PM

My husband and I are good role models for our children (as it should be!) We lead a good life and set a good example for them to follow.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:51 PM

My 2nd husband and I are raising 3 grandson's and I have to say we are good role models as we both talk with them about rules and how to socailly behave. We love them for who they are and not what they can do for us.
Many times it's hard these days to have any one role models , as some children do not have the opportunity to see the difference that someone can make in their life, who really has their best interest in mind. Many times mean spirited people can wreck havoc on a child's belief that they are special and I know I am getting off the subject but sometimes these children are the ones that need to be helped and people made aware of. I always believe moderation and no extremes helps to keep perspectives in balance.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:37 PM

Smile Role Models

Yes, as the others have said - my parents were great role models and I hope I will carry on that tradition, along with my husband. Also we have some outstanding teachers for our preschooler so far, and I have plenty of wonderful moms in my parenting groups too, so we are blessed to be surrounded with such a positive environment.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:11 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to angelmom79

The best role models for my kids i think are myself and my husband and the veterans that are in our town(as Kmslape also stated), we live in a very very small town of only about 750+ people and theres tons of veterans here and my girls love to hear wonderful stories that they have to tell, my kids say they want to be like them and be able to tell great stories like they have been able to and want to accomplish alot like the veterans here have! I think its great and i think its great that there still is a few wonderful people out in this nasty world!!
Old 11-02-2007, 10:26 PM

Smile The best role model

JESUS and myself are, I think, the best role models. Being a single mom & doing the best I can. When I think all else fails I turn to Jesus.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:31 AM

I hope that my children see me and their dad as a good role model as well as their parent. We try to treat them with respect and try to teach them what they will need to be good and productive adults. I also rely on my sons teachers and public school system to be a good role model for my son. I really don't know of any good role models on television or in sports anymore.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:01 AM

As many before have stated, I think that family is the most important role model for kids. The way we behave will shape and make them who they are. Having said that, I believe that DH and I are good role models. I try to point out good things that people do, like holding doors open; throwing trash away instead of littering; saying complimentary things--because I want my kids to know what I want (and expect) of them.
And stepping out on the religious branch here, I believe that Jesus is the best role model.