Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Go Back   KidPrintable Boards > Chit Chat > Hot Topics

Old 11-01-2007, 10:31 PM

Default Parents

I think we as parents are and should be the main role models in our childrens lives. We should show them that love , family, honesty, understanding, and making the right decisions in life are the foundations of life. Parents are the biggest role models , because what we do in our lives mostly helps our children know which paths to take, if their parents are hard workers, respectful, they are being good role models. Kids look up to us, we should be the best role models for them.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:36 PM

Wink Role Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin
Who do you think, that you know of living in this day and age, is a good role model for your kids - and why?
My kids are grown but have 8 grandchildren and I think a good role model for them is their grandparents and great grandparents, because we teach them old values and manners. Not alot of children are taught good manners and respect now days. To me there is not alot of choices out there today for role models, there is too much violence on t.v. and in real life. Kids have to grow up too fast nowdays and really don't get a chance to be just kids. I believe that's why my grandchildren likes hearing about the old days so much.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:23 PM

Smile Role Model for Kids

In this day and age, role models are hard to find on television and radio. I do have a favorite. The person that I would like my children to see as their role model is Martina McBride. She is a lovely person who gives so much of her time to charitable causes. She cares so much for other people, and in this day and age that is a hard trait to find. It is so much easier looking for role models in everyday people, but I hope that my children make the right choices that are suitable for them.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:44 PM

His daddy and I are good role models for our son because we teach him good manners, teach him the importance of prayer and going to church, teach him to be kind and giving to others, spend quality time with him while letting him explore and do fun activites, by teaching him that he can do anything and not to give up, among other things.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:25 AM

Smile Role Models

We have an adopted son and I hope we as parents will be his role models. He is so well-rounded and has so much love,good grades and knows we are very proud of him.We try to be very positive, and we always solve problems as a unit in our family, so he will always be able to come to us.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:17 AM

Talking Home is the first impression

What you show your children at home is where the first impressions are formed,dont let someone else be a role model for your child,children learn from example,my husband an I keep foster kids also an we've learned thats its never too late to be a good role model for a child
Old 11-02-2007, 08:20 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jenewren
Default role models

I would like to think as parents we are role models for our 2 kids..

jennie
Old 11-02-2007, 09:02 AM

Smile Role Models

Role models today should be educators. I teach kindergarten and hope that I can be a role model to my class of kids. I work to form a trusting relationship with my kids to help build self-concept and encourage them to work hard and be successful. My own children spend most of their day at daycare, just like the kids in my class. I hope that their teachers are good role models for them.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:38 AM

Default minnie09

Thats easy. My mother (their grandmother) She was raised during the Hitler era and suffered many extreme hardships. I believe through these she has a very strong sense of morality, which she has passed on to me, my 4 siblings and now her grandchildren. I believe a good life must have high moral standards.

Last edited by minnie09; 11-02-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to BusyMom Send a message via MSN to BusyMom Send a message via Yahoo to BusyMom
Smile Role Models

I think that parents should lead by example and be the best role model they can be. When there is a step-parent involved, they need to all work together with the children for the sake of raising good children. This is difficult when the parents don't get along, but they should try, especially when the children can see or hear them. This is not for themselves, but for the benefit of the children.