Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Old 07-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Default sibling rivalry

How do you deal with sibling rivalry? Do you notice that there is a difference with ages between the kids? At what point do you see them grow out of it.

Share your experiences, solutions or questions
Old 07-30-2006, 11:38 AM

OK, I have 16 month and 2 1/2 year old BOYS! I was completely unprepared for the constant fighting. My older boy is very sweet and would do anything for his younger brother. The younger boy takes advantage and is just starting his "mine" and hitting stage. We try separating them, but they end up together fighting over attention, toys, everything! Any ideas?

Thanks,
Linsey
Old 07-30-2006, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Default no matter how many years apart..

I have a 12 year old boy and 5 year old girl... I would have thought with THAT much of an age difference - they'd be getting along fine.... NOPE

I think the novelty of having a baby sister wore off when she turned a little bit over 2. It is just so wearing..... and he loves to tease her. I had 3 older brothers who were CONSTANTLY teasing me and doing mean things .. I should have known!

I trust as they grow older that it will wear off and they will become close as I have with my brothers
Old 07-31-2006, 09:48 PM

I have 3 kids ages 10, 7, and 3. They fight constantly. My brother and I are almost 10 years apart so I thought something was wrong with them but I have asked other people who have kids their age and they say they fight all the time too. I guess its just part of growing up I think it helps them learn how to solve problems on their own and cooperate and share and just get along with other people in general. some days they would do anything for each other and other days well...
Old 08-05-2006, 03:38 PM

i have a 7 year old and a 4 year old, both are boys. they fight constantly too. but they love each other more than anything. I think it's more of a jealousy issue, b/c both of my boys will come to me and say, "do you love him more than me"? So maybe that's all it is.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:16 PM

Post Rivalry

I have a 6 and 4 yr old and they are constantly at each others throat. He touched me, he looked at me, and anything else they can find to fight about. I have talked to people and they say "boys will be boys". I am hoping they will grow out of it. It is driving me crazy too. I separate mine it doesnt do any good.