Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Go Back   KidPrintable Boards > Chit Chat > Question of the Week

Old 06-22-2007, 09:36 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to brownslover01us

At the Elementary school where I work and volunteer, uniforms were voted in last year. This school is in the poor side of town and we never get publicity unless there is a shooting in the park behind our school. So to make a long story short, our parents voted in uniforms last year because they felt it would make our students feel unique and raise their self esteem. We are the only school in Springfield City Schools that wears them! Anyway, the kids like them and are so proud to come in and no one makes fun of them anymore. They can wear whatever shoes they want except no open toes for safety purposes. Parents say it is great because the uniforms are cheaper than clothes and there is no arguing from the kids on what they are going to wear the next day LOL...

At the beginning of the year, we took donations from businesses and individuals and we bought every child that was in need, 2 uniforms a piece! It worked out so well that we already have contributors for this coming school year.

Debby in Ohio
Old 11-02-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Uniforms

Our schools do not require uniforms, and Im not sure how I feel about it. It has its pros and cons I think. It would be nice that noone be judged on what they wear, and it sure would be easie to get dressed in the morning. But on the con side, if they are expensive that would be bad since we live in small rural area and some families would have problems paying for them, plus I wonder if i would hate wearing them day in and day out, I wear a uniform for my job and sometimes you think I wish I could dress like a real person...lol.