Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Go Back   KidPrintable Boards > Chit Chat > Question of the Week

Old 07-30-2006, 12:23 PM

Personally, I'm happy my kid's school doesn't require uniforms. It's an added expense that I don't need. My kids have grown up knowing how to pinch pennies and they don't expect 'name brand' clothing. They haven't had any problems with other children because they're not wearing the 'right' clothes. Of course, the fact that they're boys could have a lot to do with that!
Old 07-30-2006, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin
What do you think of school's requiring uniforms for students to wear? Would you like your school to require uniforms if they aren't already?
Our school does not require uniforms and I'm glad. I feel that letting a child chose what they get to wear is part of decision making and their personality.
Also to buy uniforms and casual clothes would cost more, and I'd be doing a whole lot more laundry!!
Old 07-30-2006, 12:33 PM

Default school uniforms

Quote:
What do you think of school's requiring uniforms for students to wear? Would you like your school to require uniforms if they aren't already?
I think it would be a great idea! There would be no pressure for kids to have the clothes the other kids have! also it would mean less fuss in the mornings!
Old 07-30-2006, 12:47 PM

None of the school in our local school district require uniforms except for the Christian School. I believe that going to a uniform system would help things out. I can see where the expense would be overwhelming for families that are having trouble making ends meet, especially on families with more than one child.

The Christian school has many colors that the kids can wear, and on certain Fridays they can even wear blue jeans.

I just know that kids make fun of my little girl (age 9) for not dressing like the other kids. I won't let her where the latest trends, I dress her like a little girl, not a little teenager. I will not have a pop diva going out of my house.

Same thing with my oldest daughter. She will not be wearing low riding skin tight jeans, or anything that is cut down low. She is 13! I guess I would be considered strict, but I can't help it. My 9 year old has a small amount of control when it comes to picking out clothes, and my 13 year old has a little more. They can pick out their own clothes completely when they are older!!!

Come join me in the Winner's Circle ~

http://www.sweepsadvantage.com/amemb...code2=ping1970

I have won so many prizes and you can too ~ all for free!!

Some of my prizes:
I won over $1000.00 in cash and prizes in Jan. 2007 alone!!
Portable DVD player
$100.00 GC to Omaha Steaks
$500.00 referral contest
$100.00 Visa Card & $100.00 Apple Card
Many DVD's, CD's and book!!

Come and check us our at SA!!! Great freebies forum also
Old 07-30-2006, 12:51 PM

My daughters school requires school uniforms too! And it's great!! She has a cousin who is seven and her mom has told me what a hassle it is without uniforms at her daughters school, her daughter is already saying she wants what the other little girls are wearing, including $100 shoes. OUCH!! I love the uniforms , they are in a way alot cheaper , because all you do is by 5 shirts, 5 pants, a belt and thats all you need for the scool year, the clothes are very sturdy and stand up to wash after wash. I love it!!
Old 07-30-2006, 12:54 PM
abarnes

I like and dislike the idea. Schools here don't have them. I think a child has a right to make their own decisions cause thats what builds their personality but at the rate things are going now, I think they are a good idea so the kids don't have the hassle of "Mine came from Goody's and yours came from Wal-Mart." I'm having that issue with my sister-in-law now. She thinks I should shop at Goody's cause I can buy name brands cheaper than at Wal-mart, but what I've seen, they're roughly the same price on everything. Her son had a pair of Orange County Chopper shoes that make sound like a chopper and apparently he got told at school last year that they weren't "cool" so he wouldn't wear them to school after that...He was in kindergarten. Thats why uniforms are a good idea.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:58 PM

Default i wish

My son is going into high school and i wish they had a uniform,he likes to wear t shirts and we have to veto what he buys because some of the stuff he finds funny on t shirts we don't feel is suitable for school.I feel it would help him be in a "study mindset "for school if he had to wear a uniform.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:01 PM

Red face answer to question of the week

I don't like uniforms because they make you stick out like a sore thumb, I was raised in a school that required uniforms and people would point at us and make fun of us, of course you need to know that I am Native American. I was forced to wear government uniforms and all it did was make me feel small. I think that in some cases the uniforms would be good but not in all, there are limits to who can afford uniforms and who can't. It does teach a sort of discipline to you but then again it can make you a rebel. Just some thoughts on the question.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:02 PM

Quote:
my daughter loves the idea..she is 10 and starting grade 5 and would love to go back to those funky skirts and shirts and ties...she loves to wear skirts and dresses and thinks that then the other kids who dont always have new clothes, wont feel so badly ...

my son is in grade 7 this yr and said doesnt matter to him and thinks if he got to wear a tie, maybe some of the girls might be interested in him lol - he wanted to wear one to his grade 6 grad but no one else was wearing one so he felt silly (he does look handsome in a tie lol)

our schools do not have dress codes as such with uniforms but general dress codes about what is and isnt acceptable

i think a skirt and tie/jacket system would work better if the business communities went back to wearing that sort of outfit as well..right now we currently have way too many companies that have the casual fridays and to me i feel that is tacky esp in a career feild (whereas with myself being a laborer, i wear the clothing that is appropriate to my field)
Old 07-30-2006, 01:03 PM

Smile Uniforms!

I grew-up as a student in the Catholic school system and we had to wear uniforms!

As I child, I could not stand it because one size does fit all!

Personally, for my children, I prefer that they not wear uniforms! They both are in the public school system and they do have to follow a standard code of clothing wear.

Even though it's more expensive, we enjoy picking out their outfits and it shows their individuality!