Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Go Back   KidPrintable Boards > Chit Chat > Question of the Week

Old 07-30-2006, 11:11 AM

Default School Uniforms

I feel school uniforms are best for all students. Children whose parents can't buy them uniforms should be able to borrow them for the school year. All children should be made to feel equal to their peers.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:19 AM

I personally homeschool my three youngest children, but I wholeheartedly agree with school uniforms. I wish they were required when my older two were in school. They take away some of the stigma of rich and poor because everyone wears the same thing. Sallies always has second hand uniforms at good prices if the cost is too high. Or some schools can subsudize the cost.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:23 AM

Thank goodness I homeschool my children as I believe in a person being able to be an individual. Too many schools in this area and plenty of other areas of the US are already requiring uniforms. Yes, there should be a dress code, but not uniforms.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:24 AM

Default I like uniforms

I attended a school that required uniforms & I thought it was great. Aside from the cost, uniforms are very positive. They cut down on peer groups & put downs on what others are wearing because everyone wears the same thing. I wouldn't have a problem with my kids school wearing uniforms.

Krystal
Old 07-30-2006, 11:30 AM

Default YES on School Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin
What do you think of school's requiring uniforms for students to wear? Would you like your school to require uniforms if they aren't already?
I would love my child's school to have uniforms. My child never knows what to wear from day to day and this would take the thinking out of it!
Old 07-30-2006, 11:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to BusyMom Send a message via MSN to BusyMom Send a message via Yahoo to BusyMom
Thumbs down School Uniforms

I feel that they should definitely have a dress code. As for uniforms, most are not comfortable and children need to be comfortable in order to learn.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:46 AM

Smile uniforms

When we lived in Dallas Texas our children wore uniforms and they were great for many reasons. We are a low income family and I did not see that it hurt or hindered us in any way. You can shop at the thrift stores and find the uniforms there as well and not have worry about the other kids knowing they are second hand because, "all the kids wear the same thing"! Now we live in Wisconsin in a small area and uniforms are not a requirement. In a way I wish they were. However with this being such a small community we really do not have many issues over clothing.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:53 AM

Our schools don't require uniforms and I hope it stays that way. In our area there are a lot of low income people and buying school clothes for children is hard enough on bargain finds much less expensive uniforms. Plus, when my daughter starts school I would want her to be able to choose what she wants to wear instead of something mandatory.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:57 AM

In a way I'm all for having school uniforms...sure does limit the gang violence of mistakenly wearing the wrong colours....but on the other hand, many families are low income and cant afford the extra added expense of having to buy special uniforms, special shoes etc...god knows, i sure couldnt afford it if they ever went to mandatory uniforms.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:17 PM

I like the idea of uniforms, especially for lower income families. Here in Houston we have programs that donate uniforms or cover the cost of them for low income families. Some children normally wear designer labels while others wear hand-me-downs or outdated clothing from charities. This will give all the children more of a chance to be equal.