Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Go Back   KidPrintable Boards > Chit Chat > Question of the Week

Old 07-30-2006, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Default Question of the Week: July 30 - Aug 5

What do you think of school's requiring uniforms for students to wear? Would you like your school to require uniforms if they aren't already?
Old 07-30-2006, 09:38 AM

Our school requires uniforms and I LOVE IT! It makes it soooo much easier for my daughter to get dressed in the morning. There is no arguing over what she wants to wear and what I think is appropriate and she ALWAYS goes out of the house looking well dressed. It also helps on the school shopping, pick up a couple of shirts and shorts (our school starts in Aug and its still really hot) before school starts and then we are good to go until October or so. Then just pick up a few uniform pants and you are set for the year. They are cheaper than Jeans and I don't have to worry about buying certain brands cuz "that's what all the kids are wearing".
Old 07-30-2006, 09:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to teezNtan
Thumbs up School Uniforms

Our schools require uniforms through Junior high School, and I love it. As a child we were required to wear long navy blue skirts and white blouses. We were not concerned what everyone else was wearing, therefore we concentrated on our studies. Too much emphasis is placed on who is wearing what. If parents are so concerned about their child (ren) individuality let them wear what they want on the week-ends. School is for learning, and gettting an education, not for schow boating and modeling the lastest styles and fashions.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:29 AM

Default Uniforms

Our schools here in Kannapolis, NC have school uniforms. They are great. The girls don,t have to choose what to wear in the morning. I love it.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin
What do you think of school's requiring uniforms for students to wear? Would you like your school to require uniforms if they aren't already?
I really don't like the added expensive of uniforms , mostly because it causes a hardship on low income families.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:33 AM

Thumbs up School requesting Uniforms

I think that this is truely wonderful! We do not have that in our area, but it has been talked a lot in the news and in our provincial voting system. When I was young, I had to wear a uniform and the best point on it, first we don't need to worry about what to wear and second, we can focus on what teachers are saying rater than on what everyones is wearing! Thank you for reading my opinion!

Julie
------
WDCo
http://www.wdco.ca
Old 07-30-2006, 10:48 AM

Our schools do not require uniforms at this time but I personally like the idea of the uniforms. As long as it is just a general color and not too specific. I have a daughter with Spina Bifida that because of surgery has a very different body type and it is hard as it is to buy clothes for her and clothes that fit but if it was just a certain color she had to wear, I wouldn't mind at all. It would be so much easier getting her dressed in the morning that way.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:53 AM

Thumbs up

I believe that all schools should have uniforms because in a sense it is protecting the child. As a disabled Mom I already know the pain of what it is too be different when you are young and how people treat you when you are different.

There will always be differences, however by wearing a uniform, all the kids are dressed the same. theres no teasing because you dont have the lastest jeans and stuff like that.

It also alleivates the cost of keeping up with the tends of the week!!
Old 07-30-2006, 10:58 AM

Default school uniforms

My childrens school does not wear uniforms.Although in a way I think its an ok thing but I also dont!Reason why because the children need to be able to wear what they want just like adults do.I don't think its fair for the children to be forced to wear what they are not comfortable wearing.The schools need to be able to handle the children and the fighting that happens over certain things.The clothes and shoes arent the issue.It's been about other kids thinking they are better than another for years.It doesnt matter what we put our kid's on it won't stop.Parenting has alot to do with how children behave also.So we can put our kid's in whatever we want.It won't change the kid's behavior toward other children.Children learn what they live.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:03 AM

I think that, like most things, it has it's ups and downs. When I was in high school, we didn't have uniforms. So, every morning I would stand in front of the closet trying to figure out what to wear. I wanted to look good but also fit in with the "popular" crowd. Picking the right outfit can be pretty hard on teenage girls. Especially because every school has those people who look for reasons to pick on other students. So, all you have to do is wear a shirt that one person doesn't think is cool, and you could get picked on. Girls are already so hard on themselves and can easily develop low self-esteem. School uniforms help get rid of the "fashion" problem and might save a few girls from the embarrassment of social outcast.
On the other hand, it can be pretty expensive. Uniforms aren't exactly cheap and most schools don't have it in their budgets to help with purchasing uniforms. So low income families who could otherwise clothe their kids at a relatively low cost, are looking to spend a significant amount more on uniforms.
In my opinion, it's the lesser of 2 evils. To me, uniforms is definately the lesser evil. You can't put a price on good school-time memories.