Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Go Back   KidPrintable Boards > Chit Chat > Question of the Week

Old 04-19-2007, 07:27 PM

Currently trying to make decisions on what children and friends our boys will be influenced by-in a positive way that we will feel comfortable with and will help them make some better choices and decisions when we are not always in their site. They are ages 5yr, 8 yr and 10 years old. By this I know what behaviors I dont like and I hope to help them make good decsions too. I find this very challenging
Old 04-19-2007, 07:43 PM

Default biggest challenge

It has to be letting them go. They drive, work and go to college sometimes its just hard to watch them go up. They don't need me so much anymore.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:05 PM

Smile Biggest Parenting Challenge

I am a single Mom of three kids (ages 11, 10, and 7). The biggest challenge that I face daily is the fussing and arguing. I try to be the best Mom I can possibly be, but many times I feel so overwhelmed with this. My youngest son is a special needs child and he is such a handful. I feel like sometimes my older two children miss out on many great opportunities because of his behavior and wonder if this is one of the factors of them arguing. All three of them argue over the smallest things. They argue at home, in the car, at my friend's homes, and in stores even. This is why we pretty much stay home and don't get to go "fun" places. I have tried over and over and don't know what else to do. All I can do is pray about this and hope as they grow older, it gets better. I feel as though sometimes I am not doing my job as a parent. But I tell myself that I am doing the best I possibly can. When things start to get really tough, I recite the little saying in my head "The Lord will not give you more than you can handle" quite often. It seems to get me through. I just take life one day at a time.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin
What is your biggest parenting challenge right now?
Potty training. My 4 year old son just can't seem to be bothered with it. Some times he'll ask to pee, but usually will go in his pants. If I can catch him and put him on the toilet, he'll stay dry, it's just ggetting him to realise that he needs to go and then ask.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:29 PM

Quote:
our daughter will be finishing elementary school and starting middle school in fall. She will be attending a much larger school than her elementary school, and all the fear that goes with a change, and adolescence. That is currently my biggest challenge, since I'm not quite sure how to address some of her concerns or fears.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:34 PM

One of my biggest challenges right now is trying to get my 4 year old to understand preschool and why he has to go. He loves going once he has been in class for while and when I ask him about his day, all he can remember is playing. His school does send home Fun Work (homework) and he does really good with these 5 pages. He has a really hard time in the morning when I tell him I have to go and will pick him up afterschool. He usually ends up crying which makes me feel really bad. It is very important that he attends school and understands that school is for learning as well as playing and meeting his friends. He has older siblings but they are not at home anymore (19 and 24 yrs), so he is almost an only child. He also has classes at church sundays and wednesday nights which is does great at. He tells us about what he has learned and what they have talked about. He doesnt cry when I drop him off, so my question is "What is the difference between church sunday/wedneday school and then his preschool?"
Old 04-19-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Having a an uninvolved spouse.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:09 PM

Wink biggest challenge

My 2 year old. She is sweet adorable and is driving me crazy. I can't sit down for 5 minutes without her wanting me to follow her, play with her constantly and I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes. She's tellng me what to do. If I don;t all I here is screaming and crying. Then, of course I feel soo bad. I want to spend time with her of course but it gets overwelming
Old 04-19-2007, 09:17 PM

my challenge is getting my daughter to follow directions and listen she is 3 yrs old. the other thing is trying to explain to her she cant be friendly with everyone, she talks to anyone near her, i am concerned with her safety and strangers but quite not sure how to explain to a 3 yr old to fear strangers but ok to be friendly is mom is around and i say it is ok
Old 04-19-2007, 09:25 PM

Red face Potty Training

It would definately have to be potty training my 2 year old. My first son was fairly easy and now he is a potty training pro, but now my 2 year old keeps refusing and saying no and not even open to try it out. He doesnt even want to get his diaper changed now he throws a fit. I just dont know what to do. I have tried rewards for trying and getting excited about it but it's just not happening. I dont want to push because that can make it worse.