Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Go Back   KidPrintable Boards > Introductions > Homeschoolers

Old 07-30-2006, 11:36 AM

A homeschooling mommie of 3 here! 2nd year with my 7 year old, and she will be in 2nd grade. We just started using real curriculum, so would be interested to know if others use curriculum or just an "eclectic" method.

thanks!
Old 07-30-2006, 01:59 PM

Wink

I have been homeschooling my daughter for 7yrs She is 12.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:41 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DCHRIST77
Smile HomeschoolMom of 13 years

I love homeschooling! We have homeschooled for 13 years! Beginning our 14th year and last! We loved it..my children did very well and I am so proud of them. My oldest is now a mom..use to be a missionary overseas after graduating for a few years! My one son graduated last year..and my other son ..this is his last year! My older son is planning on college and the younger maybe technical school. We used about every curriculum out there. Even my children used differerent curriculums for the same grade! It is nice to be able to treat each as an individual. They learned in different ways. My two oldest were the type to read and see. My youngest was a hands-on-learning. So we all did that! If you can do hands on activities instead of just a book to look at, your child will enjoy
what he is learning and really enjoy it. And they won't forget it either. We did special projects as a family too. We started with the larvae and through each cycle til it became a beautiful Monarch butterfy. We watched them make their cocoon around themselves. And then we actually watched them come out of it and full of colors...so you know my children will remember their life cycle! Or learning the fractions by an "apple" pie! I will miss it so much!!!!!!! It really makes me sad!
Debbie
Old 07-30-2006, 02:51 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DCHRIST77
Smile HomeSat For Highschool

I just wanted to share with you about HomeSat. We liked it. We didn't use it for all subjects. Some years alot..some not. I will say thattheir highschool courses
are great! They specialize in different areas and can teach them some of the harder concepts! Plus alot of the science programs show the experiments and you can just watch if you do not have the items..or do it right with the teacher.
The one who is a teacher of Physical Science keeps the kids laughing! Plus if your child does not understand theycan email their teacher! I taped a few years at a time cause you get alll subjects you want for the base price. I had three vcr's going each and everyday of the week. your child can work at his pace also!
Not a rep or anything like that..just wanted to share it with those here!
Happy Homeschooling! If anyone has a question on homeschooling or books you can email me and will try to help you if you need it!
Old 07-30-2006, 04:33 PM

Default Yes!!

I homeschool my 6 and 4 year old children. I am excited about this new journey as well. This is very new to me... especially since I am a trained and licensed teacher! I have had to unlearn a lot of the thought patterns of a school teacher. And since I don't have regular "assessments and guidelines" to follow it is hard for me to be sure that my child is doing well. But they are articulate, loving literature and enjoy learning... so what else could I ask for at their age, right? I have to keep repeating this to myself over and over .

It is very nice to connect with other homeschool moms and I hope that we can continue supporting one another in this forum

Have a blessed week!!!!
Old 07-30-2006, 05:22 PM

Default second year of homeschooling

We homeschool my 9yo and 4yo granddaughters. The "we" includes their mom and dad.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:32 PM

Question Howdy from Michigan

Just wondered if any of you Home schooled families have any suggestions for earning extra money for a 11-12 year old girl. She is currently dog walking. We don't have large church where she can meet prospective babysitting jobs....so we are wondering if there is any good ideas out there that we can tap into?

Skitter in Michigan

Trust in the Lord, with all of your heart, lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.

Prov. 3:5 & 6
Old 07-31-2006, 11:03 AM

I'm a HS. My daughter is 6 and this is my 2nd 'official' yr of HSing but I've been doing it since day 1

I'm still trying to find what works best for us. I'm more eclectic than anything but find I still 'need' a more structered style at times. I either find things that are too expensive or not right for us.

I love find HS books/workbooks at garage sells!!!!!
Old 08-02-2006, 08:20 PM

Wow, lots of homeschool moms here! We are going to start our "school year" after labor day. It's a shame here, that the PS kids have to go in the middle of August!! around the 11th I think they have to go back to school!

So those that are schooling upper elementary as I am, ( 9 and 11 year old girls) what cirriculum are you using? Unschooling? formal at homeschooling? Well trained mind?

We are using the Charlotte Mason methods, utilizing an online cirriculum, available at ambleside.org.

It's going to be an exciting year for us, as this is our first year to try this out!
Old 08-02-2006, 08:23 PM

Default jobs for 11-12 year old

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitter
Just wondered if any of you Home schooled families have any suggestions for earning extra money for a 11-12 year old girl. She is currently dog walking. We don't have large church where she can meet prospective babysitting jobs....so we are wondering if there is any good ideas out there that we can tap into?

Skitter in Michigan
First thing that came to mind was babysitting, then pet sitting. My daughter (the 11 year old) has been doing odd jobs for older people we know. Helping with yard work, or tidying a house, always only for people we know very well.

She also has made some jewelry, and is in the process of buying supplies to make bath salts to sell.

I don't pay her to babysit her sister, there is only 20 months difference in them, but i do let her be "in charge" for short periods, like when I need to run to the store or whatnot.