Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Old 09-04-2006, 02:03 PM

Default Monster feet

Most kids have trainers which still fit but are a bit past there best. This is an ideal way to make them last a bit longer and the kids have fun too (its also good to put with a dressing up or halloween outfit).

One old pair of trainers
Plenty of newspapers (or if you have a home shredder the paper from this is ideal) torn into strips
PVA Glue
Paints
Water

Take the stips of paper and let them steep for approximately one hour in the water.

When soft take handfulls at a time and squash the excess water out.

Once the water has been removed place the paper onto the shoe. Decide what you want to make the shoe into first, either Frankenstiens feet, a mumies etc and place the moistened paper onto the shoe to make the shape required.

Place the paper onto the shoe in layers. Once each layer is dry coat place a coat of PVA Glue on top of each layer.

Once the necessary about of layers is reached and the shape is correct leave give the shoe another coat of PVA glue and leave to dry.

Once the top layer is dry you can then paint it as required to give the effect you need.

When I did it I paited a base coate of gray and black, painted red stiches on various parts and finally painted black toe nails. My son then had Frankensteins feet to go with his Frankenstein Halloween outfit. It not only went with his outfit but it kept his feet warm on the cold night. I did a warewolf for my sons friend and glued bits of brown fir where I had marked the toes.