Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Old 11-03-2007, 02:33 AM

Default Role Modes

Ourselves, of course, are the best role models even if your children don't see you as their role models. Entertainers and athletes can't be trusted to be role models even when your child admire them. You have to teach your child not to use them as role models. You, as parents, need to teach your children what to look for in a role model.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:26 AM

with such a big family the best role model they have all had would be me and their dad but each have had great teachers to help ,also they played a big part and still do in my childrens lives
Old 11-03-2007, 11:22 AM

I do not have children of my own but I cherish my neices (ages 6 and 7) and my nephew (age 5). My brother and his ex wife had a messy divorce and she is always playing head games with the kids. I think the best role models for these children are their father, their grandmother, and me. Their father has changed jobs several times to allow him more time with them (their mother only sees them every other weekend.) My mother is retired and had devoted herself to her grandchildren. I am the aunt that I'd liked to have had when I was a kid. We show them unconditional love, try to instill the difference between right and wrong, and support them in all their endeavors. I know we have our faults but I hope they are overshadowed by our hope that these children grow up knowing they are loved and hold an important place in the world and in our hearts.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:43 AM

I have two step-daughters. I try to be a good role model for them, as does their dad, and bio-mom and step-father. The people that are around them the most are naturally going to be role models.

These days, they are affected so much by the people that they see on TV, whether good or bad. I try to make sure whatever they watch is a good influence over them, and if there are 'stars' that they look up to, we discuss them, and their good or bad qualities. I am disturbed that their bio-mom allows them to watch programs that their father and I do not feel are 'good' for them. But what can we do, she has custody of them *sigh*

People that I think are good influences: Oprah, because she is a strong woman, even if she is a different race. The only thing that bothers me is that she lives with Stedman, and even though they are in a loving relationship, they are living together without being married.

Other good role models:
Julia Roberts
Diane Sawyer
Robin Roberts
Clint Eastwood
Chuck Norris
Matthew McConaughey
Kelly Ripa

There are others, but these immediately come to mind.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:26 AM

I don't know if I would say my fiance` and me. We made some pretty life altering mistakes in our lives, and I just pray to God that she doesn't make the same decisions or worse when she is older.
Man, I am not sure. Ayla has godparents, but they have a rough life.
I guess with time, a good role model will come when she needs one. She is a baby right now, so the only people who really affect her are DF and me.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Role Model for Kids....

I believe my son has a lot of role models. As parents I believe that we are role models, other family members, friends and teachers are also great role models for my son.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:22 PM

I believe that my husband and I are the best role models for my son. He lives with us and sees us everyday! He sees the things we do and hears the things we say. He couldn't possibly learn anything from anyone on TV or in sports because he doesn't see them in their private time. How would he know how they act when they aren't in public? With us, he sees the good and the bad and how we get through it together.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:40 AM

without a doubt as parents we are the most important role models, no one else should be trusted with that role.