Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Old 07-30-2006, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Default Boy Scouts

My son is in boy scouts... he started in kindergarten and his group had 8 kids. The original 8 has dwindled down to just 2 kids participating. Their troop keeps very busy! He has had a camping trip each month this summer and fundraisers, community service projects and more.

He has his eye set on getting to Eagle Scout and we are very happy he wants to continue on to do that.

I think so many times, that as kids get older... even in elementary school, boy scouts just isn't "cool" anymore and kids drop out. That is too bad as these kids learn so much and so many tools and experience as they earn all the merit badges.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:11 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DCHRIST77
Smile Girl Scouts

I use to be a leader when my daughter was in school. Iloved it! I remember going out camping at first! The first time it ended up socold I got really sick and the girls razzed me for quite sometime. But I learned alot of great things with the girls. It was nice to see the girls be "positive" and have leadership skills and confidence! I tried to build their confidence and to this day I hope I helped them become "leaders" making good choices! Then I had 25 girls! I came up with alot of crafts that were so inexpensive! Especially Christmas crafts because there was so many. And I look forward to posting them so many can use the ideas!
I also tried to influence them to be good to their family members and Mother's Day mom got a handmade gift..same as Dads day! When we did fundraisers I tried to use the money to help the less fortunate ones. We had "extra Uniforms" donated also. I took them to the zoo one time to find out that only half had ever been there and they were 10 and 11 year olds so that was nice! It also brings you and your daughter a lot closer..quality time with mom too!
Old 07-30-2006, 02:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DCHRIST77
Smile Ministry

I help in an inner city ministry that helps homeless families and needy families. We try to help them turn things around. We do many things. Fridays are youth and there is always something fun to do! They also are showed they are loved very much! Then they share that with the other children! At first it can be rough but you would not believe how it helps them to be great kids! We do things that most have never got to. We take them rollerskating, swimming, picnics, dramas, bonfires, blockparties and then more even join!
I have seen teens who were really trying to be tough...then they learn about love and God! Most of their friends are gangs..sad but true. But our youth pull their friends in! We make sure theyhave clothing, food, and other necessities such as right now I am getting school supplies together for them! The hug..the smile..makes the group...my greatest rewards! That hug is more than a million dollars!
I know this group may not be what you were thinking but it is a great group..called Abundant Life Harvest...where love keeps flowing!!! I hope many other groups like this can be done in various areas..for the children's sakes!!
Old 01-31-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Cub Scout Mom and Tiger Leader

My youngest son started in cub scouts as a tiger and now he is a wolf and I am still a tiger leader. I wouldn't give it up for nothing. I love what I do and see the boys learn.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:02 AM

Default Cub Scouts/Pinewood Derby Cars

I am the proud mom of an 8 yr old Wolf Cub Scout. My other 2 boys will follow suit when they are old enough. We just finished with our Pine Wood Derby cars and the big race day is coming up.

I must say, I was quite appalled to see that people actually BUY pre-made derby cars on Ebay for upwards of $75.00. I wonder what those parents are teaching their boys? That money can buy happiness and wins? Geesh, that is the fun of the event(making your OWN car). Oh well, better those parents than me! I know it will be a cold day in ....Nebraska .... when we'd ever pay for someone else's work.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 12-04-2008, 08:19 PM

I have 2 boys in Scouts too. We don't have a huge group just 8 boys who are all at avarious levels Tigers - Weebelos. I have one who is a Weebelo and one Tiger Cub. We've been in it for almost a year.

We haven't done the Pine Wood Derby, but it doesn't surprise me that parents are buying them pre-made - I mean it's totally ridiculous that they would, you would think that's the best part (making your own), it's just nothing really surprises me anymore.