Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Old 07-27-2006, 12:10 PM

Wink New home

We just bought a new home and our neighbors have a dog on our property. It is a pretty large dog that if he got off his chain he would bite someone. We don't want to start a quarrel with our neighbors already but if we can't enjoy our yard then what is the purpose of buying the home. Any suggestions on how to talk to this neighbor? Children come first before any animal should.

Stacey
Ethaniel
Isaac
Miriam
Old 07-27-2006, 12:35 PM

Default dog?

i'm guessing theres no fence?will there be or do you have to do it yourself?
Old 07-27-2006, 03:08 PM

I know what you mean we have neighbors that have two large dogs behind us thank goodness there is a fence, but that doesn't stop them from barking all night and the foul smell of dog pooh blowing through the air. We have only had to endure this for a year but it is starting to work our last nerve being that we have only lived in our house for two years. I wish people that purchase dogs would take care of them and take there neighbors in to consideration. Good Luck we still haven't figured out what to do about the barking and smell.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:54 PM

We have a big dog, Scamper, in our back yard. We take careful precautions to make sure that he is firmly secure on his chain at all times. We only have one neighbor that would be affected if he got off of his chain, but we have told him that if he EVER gets off the chain and they can't get a hold of us, to shoot him if they need to.

I know that may sound horrible to some people, we love our dog, but to me, a dogs life is not as important as a child's. I would hate to come home and our dog be gone, but I could never live with myself if he ever hurt one of them.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:07 AM

Default to Momof3Blessings

Do you really mean that the dog is on your property?
Of course you don't want to be known as the mean family that just moved in.
Maybe you should gradually get to know them and then eventually mention something to them.
I would just say that sometimes the kids are scared that he will break lose and attack them. Make your kids sound like scardy cats so the dog's owners are more apt to sympathize with them rather than dog ('scuz my pun) you b/c you "don't like dogs" or whatever other reason they may think.
I'm just trying to think of what I would do. I'm usually a pretty straightforward person so telling you what I would really do is much bolder than what I just suggested.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:04 PM

I don't know your neighbors, but it wouldn't bother me at all if you came and voiced your concerns to me. I would try to explain the fact that my dog was secure and the measures that we take to keep him that way.

Some people don't care. I don't understand that, but I know that it is true. My B-I-L has a pit bull that is very good with people, but is known to get off of his chain and attack my Mother-in-laws dog. He has almost killed his twice. I just don't understand why he don't do something to secure the dog better. At least he doesn't go after kids. The vet has told him that if he had him fixed he would be less agressive, but he won't even do that. To me, that is unacceptable. I think every pet owner needs to be held accountable for what they do and don't do with their animals. He needs to do something!!

I would go over and try to talk to your new neighbors first. Then if that didn't go well, I would try something else. When it came to the safety of my kids, if I had to be known as the troublemaker, so be it. I know that you are probably not the only parent that feels the way you do.

Good luck and let me know what you decide to do!!

Come join me in the Winner's Circle ~

http://www.sweepsadvantage.com/amemb...code2=ping1970

I have won so many prizes and you can too ~ all for free!!

Some of my prizes:
I won over $1000.00 in cash and prizes in Jan. 2007 alone!!
Portable DVD player
$100.00 GC to Omaha Steaks
$500.00 referral contest
$100.00 Visa Card & $100.00 Apple Card
Many DVD's, CD's and book!!

Come and check us our at SA!!! Great freebies forum also
Old 07-30-2006, 01:34 PM
abarnes

I'm having the same problem (sort of) but its with Cats. Our neighbor has like 20 cats. They inbreed and stay sick and make everyone else's cats sick. I've had to get rid of 2 cats of my own cause they started getting gross spots that wouldn't go away. They attack mine and other neighbors cats. They're a nuisance. They cause my dog to bark all night which drives me crazy. We've hauled about 5 off so far, I don't know how many other neighbors have hauled off. I know thats mean but she won't do anything about it. She just lets them breed or lets people drop them off.

I also have a problem with a new neighbor feeding my horse things she won't eat. We've been finding different vegetables in the yard and in her field. People are lacking respect for other people property.