Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Go Back   KidPrintable Boards > Kid Stuff > A Child's View

Old 01-31-2007, 12:09 PM

Post Here is a worry that I hear from lots of little kids that I work with....

I work with kids ages 3 through 9 and I've had a lot of kids mainly around the age of 5 say that a certain parent has to work all the time and believe it or not these kids worry about that parent. I think if you are a parent that has to work a lot you should ask your children what their views are on the situation and explain to them why you have to work so much and also assure them that the child still means very much to you and try to set aside some one on one time for them.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:46 AM

Wow, that's a good observation. I noticed my daughter seems a little sad sometimes when I get ready to log on to work in my home office. At times, she goes off saying "Mommy's working, she can't play now. Later okay." That really breaks my heart. I work from home to be able to be with them during the day and not have to waste valuable time in transit. I have to sometimes force myself to go work. As mothers, we know there is a balance we have to keep and it is not always easy. It's like a choice that we can work to provide for our families and be there for them as much as possible
-or-
Be there for our children all the time and struggle financially or get govt assistance.

I see many women that choose the latter. I choose to work from home to try to balance better. Nowadays it's a lot harder to live on one income so lots of women have to balance.