Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Old 07-28-2006, 07:46 AM

Default My 2 year old won't eat!

For the past 4-6 months I have had issues trying to get my 2 year old daughter to eat. She will eat spaghetti every once in awhile and sliced cucumbers. Of course she would eat ice cream every day if I let her, but I want her to eat meat and potatoes and of course her vegetables!
Why won't she eat!?!
I've had her on a Gatorade/PediaSure diet for a couple weeks at a time just to get her some vitamins.
She is a healthy weight and very active, but I'm just afraid she's not getting the nutrients her body needs.
Any suggestions?
Old 07-28-2006, 11:00 AM

Our pediatrician told us to look at what our 2 year old eats over a few weeks, not on a daily basis. If she is getting different vitamins and nutrients from different things through out the days and weeks that is ok. So if she wants peanut butter and jelly three times a day for two days and then the third day eats greenbeans and mac and cheese for lunch and pasta for dinner she is getting some variety. So we offer her whatever we are eating at each meal and ask her what she would like to eat. We also keep the first shelf of the pantry filled with different healthy snacks that she can go in and choose on her own when she wants something to eat. She usually eats 6 small meals a day.

Good luck!
Tricia
Old 07-29-2006, 10:34 AM

Default No expert

I am not an expert by any stretch. When my son was three he didn't like veggies--so we started letting him pick the veggie for each meal. Yeah, we ate corn for two weeks, but then he started choosing some other foods.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:42 AM

Default I agree with Trica316

when I had a similiar problem with my now 7 year old I talked to her doctor about it and was also told to keep a food chart of what my now 7 year old was eating for a couple of weeks. I realized after a month that she was eating a wide range of foods, just not on a daily bases.

We would go a couple of days when she would only eat chicken and no meat but she ate peanut butter. Or she refused to eat vegtables with out butter or melted cheese. Then it was she would only drink chocolate milk. The doctor said endulge for a while then slowly decrease the indulgence. Eventually she started eating all the food with out any of the extra's.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:49 PM

that is a great idea. I have a 4 year old that is pretty picky eater. He loves cheese so I tell him that if he wants a cheese stick for example, he has to have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and then he can eat his cheese stick or something else he wants. I call it bribery (sp). and it is working with him. Now trying to get my son to each fruit is another story, nothing I offer will make him eat fruit except of course for applesauce. I would love any ideas that someone has for getting him to eat fruit. He does eat broccoli, corn, and green beans but that is it on the veggies. He is not a meat eater either. chicken or turkey and that is it. I also give him Pediasure and he is still on whole milk.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:05 PM

Smile picky eater

I have a 3 year old who does the same thing. She'll eat next to nothing for a couple of days, and then it seems when I am at my wits end and have tried everything short of icecream and cholclate, she finally eats-and really tanks up. It is so frustrating to me. Even if she is not going to eat anything-we make her a plate and have her sit with us at meal time so she understands this is a family time. Sometimes she will just pick at her plate, but, it's important to me to have "family time" at meal time. I have found that if I give her fewer sippy cup drinks before mealtime, then she eats more. If I simply let her tank up on drinks, she won't eat at all. I have also taken to putting Ovaltine in her milk for extra vitamins for those days she won't eat. I also leave out where she can reach, apples or bananas so if she wants one,she can get it herself. Hope this helps-Jenny
Old 02-03-2007, 11:03 PM

I had the same problem with my now 4 and 6 yr old..I asked the doctor about it and he said dont force them to eat, they will eat when they get hungry..as long as she is drinking she is fine.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to Rhonda67 Send a message via MSN to Rhonda67 Send a message via Yahoo to Rhonda67

Just make sure what she is eating is healthy and I don't think it matters how much she takes. Instead of ice cream try frozen yogurt with blended fruit mixed in.