Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Old 07-27-2006, 07:04 PM

Default 6 years going on 30

What do you do with a sweet boy who has discovered how to back talk?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:41 PM

Default Been there already

Hi I've been there my son is now 7 and we have been going thru it awhile. I' ve tried time outs, no treats, no tv or computer. With him it's his video games. He talks back and he loses them for a while. The time depends on how quick he stops his mouth. We have been up to 2 days so far with out them.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:42 AM

Default Going through the same thing...

Nothing seems to work for me either. My boy has a mouth on him. We tried taking the video games away as well, but he just gets worse by kicking something or throwing something. Sometimes I think I have the naughtiest kid in the world and I have no control over him, but then he turns into the sweetest little boy at times.
I don't know what to do with him. He walks all over me.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:47 AM

Default My 7 yr old son....

My 7 yr old is pretty mild-tempered. If he gets mad about something, he will usually just walk away for a few minutes and then come back. Unless, of course, it is his 5 yr or 3 yr old brother.. then he corrects them My sassy one is the 5 yr old.... boy he will back-talk his dad every chance he gets. HHmm...wonder why it is always with dad? LOL. Oh yeah.. and my 3 yr old... he has auburn-red hair(does that beautiful hair ALWAYS have to come with a temper?). Have a good one!
Old 07-28-2006, 11:00 AM

Default 6year girl bad mouth

Hi, I have a similar problem with my daughter. She is going to be 6 next month, and talks back to me so bad ,and also makes this awful face at me , almost like the Elvis lip and roles her eyes at me. She has been in school for 3 years (2yrs pre-k, then kindergarten). I think she may have picked it up from one of the kids in her class. or maybe it's just something she invented herself. She is a total daddy's girl and listens to him, but totally ignores me. She thinks my husband is perfect ( NOT) Anyone have any suggestions ,please let me know . Thanks

mandi
Old 07-28-2006, 06:19 PM

hi there,going through the same thing,first you have to retrain daddy once you have him helping you and not just rewarding your little girl all the time then you might finder it a little easier to disapline her.
make it clear to her that daddy is not going to let her have her own way.
good luck
Old 07-28-2006, 06:51 PM

As mean as it may sound, you really need to get a handle on it now or you will never be able to stand him when he becomes a teenager. They are testing thier boundaries cuz thier friends at school can talk like that and they want to see if they can get away with it too. It is a long hard processes but don't give up and don't let him get away with it. My daughter is now almost 9 and we have been working on this since she was six and she is just now starting to get it. Sometimes she can catch herself and sometimes I have to gently give her ONE reminder that we don't talk that way in this house. With her what finally worked was docking her allowance. And if she was mean or spoke ugly to her sisters I made her give the amount I took away from her to them. Boy was she mad!!!!! But she learned right quick!
Good luck and don't give up they will learn eventually
Old 07-29-2006, 01:00 PM

Default What I Do

I have had the same problem with backtalking, and I was at a time when I was ready to pull my hair out. Well, I started calling my child to my attention and asking her to repeat to me what she just said or did. When I just fussed at her, it was yes ma'am with no remorse...but when I began asking her what she said or did, she had to concentrate on what just came out of her mouth, and she realized how it sounded. It hurt her feelings more hearing it come out of her own mouth rather than hearing how I heard it.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:40 PM

Post I know about that

Start taking away something that is liked really well and explain why that is being done. But you have to stick to it . do not give in.Just keep doing it and hopefully when there is nothing left maybe realization will set in.