Kid Printables
Welcome to KidPrintables.com join for free search printables advertise blog
Member of the Moms Network Community of Sites - Providing Free Resource for Moms
kid printables boxes

color pages puzzles & games mazes word searches all about me book journals, logs & lists
printable awards birthday invites learning printables bingo cards thank you notes door hangers
stationery stickers lunch box notes coupons for kids message boards bookmarks

» Quick Clicks
Bonus Fun:

100's of Kids Crafts
   600 Children's Songs
   Kid Recipes
   Jokes for Kids

puzzles & games
coloring  pages
stationery & notepads
all about me book
word searches
lunch box notes
thank you cards
printable awards
stickers

Go Back   KidPrintable Boards > Chit Chat > Question of the Week

Old 11-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Default Question of the Week November 21 - November 28th

How is your family effected by the current econmic situation, if at all? What sorts of changes are you needing to make?
Old 11-21-2008, 04:38 PM

WE have not really been affected adversely, but have actually cut back on going out to eat (kiddie fast food) as often just to build up our savings, etc.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:46 PM

Unhappy Pattyanny

We have been affected a lot by the economy. My husband lost his job when his company closed and looking for a new one in these economic times is very difficult to find. We have had to cut back this Christmas and can only shop for the little ones.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:52 PM

I live alone on SS, and while it has not been cut as of yet, prices have gone up so much that my little check doesn't go as far as it used to - which was already not far enough! For Christmas this year we are only buying gifts for the children - which means I cannot buy for my own children. I do not like it at all, but I cannot afford any different.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:59 PM

Default Question of the Week

This year has been pretty scary with the overwhelming cost of Gas!!! As a result we have more on credit cards than ever. We don't buy anything that we don't need now so we will have money for Christmas. I am hoping that the conservitave spending of the rest of the US will drive the retailers prices down enought to make a differance.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:03 PM

Smile Hanging in there, staying positive

I am a little worried about my husband's job - they keep announcing layoffs every few weeks so that's scary. He has been there 15 years. I am trying to watch the bottom line and not get too carried away with spending, yet I am still spending what I need to spend to help the economy along.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:50 PM

Smile Affected Greatly

My husbands plant closed an we had to relocate 1200 miles,an now he is working at less than half his old job pay ,we have cut back so much,that there isnt anywhere to cut any more,The kids an grandchildren arent getting much for Christmas this year,we have 5 grown kids an a teenager still at home,5 grandchildren,so things just can only stretch so far,but some have it much worse,so I am blessed with what we do have,each other. So material things dont have to make the holiday,we are making a lot of the gifts this year
Old 11-21-2008, 05:41 PM

Since my kids are all grown and gone and grandkids are on the way, the economy has not really affected me much. Other extenuating circumstances are causing me more economic headaches than the economy itself.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:49 PM

Default Just trying to save a little bit more

My family is trying to save a little bit more. By sale items, use 20 cent off coupons for gas etc.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:24 PM

Red face

The economy has effected us in so many ways. We really can't afford toys for the kids anymore so we just turn to websites like this to entertain them.
We are getting them plenty to make up for the loss at Christmas though.