KidPrintable Boards

KidPrintable Boards (http://www.kidprintables.com/boards/index.php)
-   Hot Topics (http://www.kidprintables.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Role Model for Kids? (http://www.kidprintables.com/boards/showthread.php?t=2175)

Admin 11-01-2007 06:26 PM

Role Model for Kids?

Who do you think, that you know of living in this day and age, is a good role model for your kids - and why?

Anna M Glenn 11-01-2007 06:46 PM

Role Models

I think me and my husband as parents, and their grandparents are great role models. Looking towards TV and sports, I just don't think there are great role models out there- it's sad what I see and hear. I hope they will find great role models as they get older!

jbafaith 11-01-2007 07:15 PM

Role models for today's children

My children are grown & now I have 24 grandchildren (+ 2 on the way) to worry about. I believe my adult children are mostly pretty good role models for their children. There are good role models out there, but it is up to us to find them and promote them and their values to our children. I work in the nursery in church, and I see some very fine men & women who do their best to teach their children and set an example for them.

cynders31 11-01-2007 07:20 PM

Role Models

As parents we try to do our best to be good role models for our children. My son is blessed with two sets of parents (his dad & I are both remarried). This has helped him learn to be a good role model for his little brothers. Also, my oldest son goes to karate and the sensei's, as well as the older students, at his studio are excellent role models. You just have to surrond your children with all the positive role models you can.

babygyrl70554 11-01-2007 09:16 PM

Hhmmm...Tough One!

It's hard to say because there aren't many good role models for children these days. That is so sad, but true. I guess good role models for my kids are their grandparents. They enjoy listening to stories from the "old days". I often stress to my kids that they need to listen to the advice of their elders. They have plenty of wisdom and carry great advice.

kmslape 11-01-2007 09:21 PM

I think the best role models for my children would be the wonderful WWII veterans and their wives that attend my church. They have a sense of pride and dedication to their country, wives, and each other - a character trait that the generations that have followed them have forgotten.

tweetytreatiam 11-01-2007 09:22 PM

We, as parents, are the main Role Models for our Children

I feel that we, as parents, are the two main Role Models for our three boys. I also feel that my children's teachers are also good role models. We live in a very rural community with small class sizes(<20), which is a bonus. If the parents can't take the responsibility of being a positive role model/influence for their own children, then what is the purpose/definition of being a parent? can see where this topic could be a hot debate :rolleyes:

lisalmg 11-01-2007 09:58 PM

Parent and teachers are the most important role models for children because they have the most contact and influence on a childs life. I also think positive actors like America Ferrera are great role models because they show that beauty is more than your size.

sherbabes 11-01-2007 10:08 PM

Role Models

The role models for my girls would have to be my husband and I. We are the ones who they look up to. So we have to set good standards and examples so they can grow up in a loving and nurturing environment to make good sensible decisions that they can pass on to their children and so forth.

Jackalyng 11-01-2007 10:29 PM

Good role model

I would love to think that my husband and I are good role models for our kids...but then again I think it takes a village to raise a good person:) So with that I think that my parents and my siblings are really good role models of what to strive to be more like and my husbands are more of what not to be like;) Together we have brought a great vision of role models for our children and I just pray we did it right:D